Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Dubai Metro



Since I have landed on this city, I ought to know my whereabouts and how to get going. Dubai has conveniently provided "The Metro". It is this impressive Rail Network that takes you all around the city in an ultramodern mode of public transportation. The train station exudes metal and chrome posh in a shell-like architecture. Yes, I have just used uber modernistic words in one sentence. But that's just the way it is! The first time I took the train here, I forgot if I was entering a hotel or an airport. The train carriage are enclosed and partitioned from the platform station so "Mind the gap" (though you wouldn't really mind). Aside from it's aesthetic value and sheer "modernity" is it's purpose of providing the citizen's (and the rest of the people) an over-the-top means of transportation while enjoying the city view and journey at the same time. I too have found myself living like a local. All you need is the 'Nol' card which is their form of ticket you use tapping in and out on any mode of public transportation and even paying for parking. 
I'd have to say, it is very commuter-friendly, clean and sophisticated. I admire how the Emirate provides nothing but the best of public services. Dubai made it is possible to achieve something like this. Impressive. 
















1 comment:

  1. Your blog have decent data, I got smart thoughts from this astonishing website. I am continually looking like this sort blog entry.
    Dubai City

    ReplyDelete